SVAK is trying to build a vibrant Karnataka with a resurgent spirit of Kannada and Vijnana by working on the following themes in groups.
(1) Panineeyam: Ashtadhyayi, Linguistic Sciences & Humanities
(2) Patanjaleeyam: Ashtanga Yoga, Psychospiritual and Philosophical Sciences
(3) Bharateeyam: Natyasastra, Sociocultural Sciences, Arts & Music
(4) Kautilyeeyam: Arthasastra, Economics, Sociology, Political Sciences & Management Sciences
(5) Dhanvantareeyam: Health, Modern Medical Sciences, Ayurveda, Siddha, Unani & Indian System of Medicine
(6) Parashareeyam: Agricultural, Horticultural, Sericulture, Forestry, Veterinary, Animal & Fisheries Sciences.
(7) Vasundareeyam: Cosmology, Ecology, Environmental and Earth Sciences
(8) Nagarjuneeyam: Chemical, Biological and Materials Sciences
(9) Bhaskareeyam: Physical, Mathematical and Astro-Physical Sciences
(10) Bharadvajeeyam: Civil, Mechanical, Aerospace and Transportation Sciences
(11) J. C. Boseeyam: Electronics, Energy, Electrical and Communication Sciences
(12) Varahamihiram: Brihadsamhitha, IT, BT, NT, FT and Frontier Sciences
SVAK also has two other major groups, namely (1) Matru Vedike – Women Scientist’s forum (all the women members are automatically members of this group) (2) Yuva Vidyarthi Vedike (all the member of SVAK below 45 years are ipso facto members of vidyarthi vedike)